Saturday, April 24, 2010

An early morning of Electric Guitar

Rose at 6:30 and after feeding the cat, set up the studio to record the electric guitar part for "Aftershock". Ran through many takes, keeping four. In the end the question remains, does it add anything? Obviously, it adds a new sound to the picture but is it needed? The more I listen, the less I feel like keeping it. Even the instrumental outro is less than satisfying. I might just add flourishes here and there and leave out any rhythm work from the electric.

The equipment used for this session is as follows: Ibanez semi-acoustic Artist A-200, Vox AC-30 amplifier and Sennheiser e906 dynamic microphone. It is my first experience with this microphone. The tone seems to be good and it withstands pressure without distortion. I need to try it in combination with the CAD E-200, blending their respective sonic properties.

I am now off to fetch breakfast, then we are off for the Autism walk Fund-raiser.

1 comment:

  1. Good Christopher, ton esprit expérimental
    survivra à tout...

    Me demande si tu chantes toujours en langue Inca?

    ReplyDelete