Monday, April 5, 2010

Piece: The Waves of Aftershock

I am an early riser. Even on my monday off. What do I do when everyone else in the household is asleep? Slip down to my studio and write music, ha!

This morning I jotted down Verse I and II for harpsichord and english horn. Then, after rebooting following a crash,  I wrote out the middle 8 (harpsichord only, for now).

At the moment my tools of choice are Ubuntu Studio with Rosegarden 1.7.2. I mostly use soundfonts via FluidSynth plugin, though I am hoping for a day when an improved sonic palette becomes available. I am aware that other tools are out there, but I prefer to spend the time I have writting music than fighting a learning curve battle with demos of products I am not sure to use in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment