Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday morning, once again

Not much work of consequence on Thursday and Friday. Trying to get in tune with writing a part for drums and percussion for "Aftershock" but could not get past the whimpiness of the drum samples I had at my disposal. I finally found a way of ignoring this situation and got a part growing on Saturday morning. I have just run through the drum parts section by section to correct any timing faults and inconsistencies and I believe it is a winner. Since the rhythmic aspect has been written out to my (immediate) liking, I will be able to improve it when a better soundfont becomes available.

I also continued with the Oboe part. This is a transliteration of the parts I had written for e-bow, with slight rhythmic changes that could not be addressed as previously played.

Now for breakfast and preparing for the day's activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment