Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday, 2010


This is to be a record of my compositional activities. My aim when composing is to experience the awe I felt as a child when music would generate emotional states beyond my comprehension. I feel successful when a piece achieves this aim. I feel blessed when it generates this response in others. I am lucky to have had both experiences in the past. With perseverance, this will be the hallmark of all music I bring into existence.

This morning I have begun work on a piece entitled "The Waves of Aftershock". The piece was written during late summer 2009 after learning of the death of a dear friend. This morning's work consisted of writing out the introduction for Harpsichord. I will continue working out the complete structure of the piece using this instrument as a guideline and will flesh out the arrangement once this has been completed.

I wish to share these pieces as they evolve. As I gather experience with this new tool, I will find ways of incorporating small media players or links permitting to listen to this music from this page. 

I wish you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment